Re: Opera 10.x, content-type-00x testcases and rendering modes

On 04/10/10 21:41, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> On 03/10/10 20:19, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>>> [Addendum: Opera 10.62 passes
>>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/html4/content-type-000.htm
> and
>>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/html4/content-type-001.htm
> but fails
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/content-type-000.html
> and
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/content-type-001.html
> so these 2 still requires investigation.
>>> ]
>> The tests have different DOCTYPEs on your site compared with those as
> built in the testsuite; without the system identifier in the DOCTYPE
> (as
>> they are on your site) the pages are in quirks mode.
>
> Geoffrey,
>
> I do not understand this. This doctype declaration
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
>
> should trigger web standards compliant rendering mode in all browsers,
> including Opera 10.62.

Alternatively to what I said above, my memory of what triggers quirks
mode is wrong. :) (The HTML 4.0 public identifier without the system
identifier should trigger quirks mode, thus my mismemory.)

That said, the behaviour of that text/plain stylesheet is what would be
expected in 10.62, so, uh, weird.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon — Opera Software
<http://gsnedders.com>