Re: Opera 10.x, content-type-00x testcases and rendering modes

>> and
>> but fails
>> and
>> so these 2 still requires investigation.
>>> The tests have different DOCTYPEs on your site compared with those as
>> built in the testsuite; without the system identifier in the DOCTYPE
>> (as
>>> they are on your site) the pages are in quirks mode.
>>
>> Geoffrey,
>>
>> I do not understand this. This doctype declaration
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
>>
>> should trigger web standards compliant rendering mode in all browsers,
>> including Opera 10.62.
>
> Alternatively to what I said above, my memory of what triggers quirks
> mode is wrong. :) (The HTML 4.0 public identifier without the system
> identifier should trigger quirks mode, thus my mismemory.)
>
> That said, the behaviour of that text/plain stylesheet is what would be
> expected in 10.62, so, uh, weird.

Geoffrey,

I just modified + uploaded

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/content-type-000.html
and
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/content-type-001.html

so that they both use the HTML 4.0 public identifier without the system
identifier and Opera 10.62 build 6438 renders both testcases in web
standards compliant rendering mode (just like others) and the filler
text line background is red not green.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC2; October 1st 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/