Re: Zero passing or One passing browser tests

On Thursday, November 18, 2010, 11:20:49 PM, Arron wrote:

AE> http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/results

AE> I have completed the Zero browser passing and One browser passing page for the RC3 test suite.

I think some of the background-intrinsic* tests can be either changed or removed, given recent discussions and clarifications on the svg width and height attributes and how these are not the CSS width and height properties, as explained here
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/coords.html#IntrinsicSizing

AE> Here is the link to the issues page too if you think any of the
AE> cases from the zero/one passing page are invalid or need editing.
AE>
AE> http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/issues

Also, I'm seeing some odd coding in the SVG images.

<!-- only intrinsic ratio (portrait) -->
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" style="background: green"
     viewport="0 0 6 4">
</svg>

This seems to depend on SVG supporting the 'background' property on the svg element, which may well be a useful extension but is currently not required by the SVG 1.1 specification.

Here is an alternative which is conformant to the SVG spec. The rectangle will fill the entire SVG viewport.

<!-- only intrinsic ratio (portrait) -->
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
     viewport="0 0 6 4">
  <rect width="100% height="100% fill="green"/>
</svg>

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG