Re: pass condition incorrect for c5525-fltwidth-002

Le Mar 30 novembre 2010 19:38, fantasai a écrit :
> On 10/14/2010 03:55 PM, L. David Baron wrote:
>> In:
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/html4/c5525-fltwidth-002.htm
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/xhtml1/c5525-fltwidth-002.xht
>> the pass condition is only correct when the browser window is
>> *really* wide; otherwise the arrow ends up too low and doesn't
>> actually point at the float.
>>
>> I think it could be rewritten by starting with "To the right -->,".
>
> Fixed.
>
> ~fantasai

There is some kind of fractional pixel phenomenon with this testcase.
You can notice it with Chrome 7.0.517.44 and Konqueror 4.5.3. If you
slowly resize the viewport width, then a tiny sliver of red will appear
(intermittently) on the right side of the green square. This is only
because of width: 50% which can apply to an odd number of available
width of body (minus body horizontal margins) in which case a fraction
of a pixel is dropped, truncated, rounded down. What I am trying to say
is that due to rounding down of the p's width when the available width
of its parent has an odd number, the green square horizontal position
will be missing 1px.
So this could happen to any tester if he/she does not have a maximized
viewport.

pattern-tr.png on the other hand will always be (perfectly) horizontally
centered from its pixel 16.

One other thing with that testcase is the gratuitious, unnecessary,
unneeded double declaration of font-size in the testcase. There is no
reason for
   div { ... font-size: 10px; }
   p { ... font-size: 2em; }
in that testcase.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC3; October 27th 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/