Re: CSS2.1 i18n and bidi tests for review

fantasai wrote:

> http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/lang-pseudoclass-001.xht
> http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/lang-pseudoclass-002.xht
>   Same comments about background-color etc.. but I think we need
>   a spec clarification here before I can review the content of
>   the test. I would expect :lang to be case-insensitive because
>   the language codes are... But that's not specified in the spec,
>   so.. I guess I'll have to file an issue.

Section 5.11.4 indeed doesn't say that the argument of ':lang()' is
case-insensitive, but I don't think it should. The selector matches
whatever the document defines to be its language, and although we hope
and recommend that every document uses RFC 4646 (and the selector
clearly works best if it does), we don't require that.

This test case uses HTML and HTTP, which do use that RFC, and thus the
language codes in this test case are indeed case-insensitive.

I think it is correct to test for that, because CSS says (4.1.3) that it
defers to the document for the case-sensitivity of text that comes from
the document. I.e., a CSS UA that fails this test case is indeed
non-conforming.

Bert