RE: Licensing

I am not a lawyer but I think you get it backwards. It is your work, then you get to choose how to license it. If you license it to W3C which then publishes your work under a more restrictive license (I am assuming you are not happy about that part), the original work is still available from you directly, isn't it?

-----Original Message-----
From: public-css-testsuite-request@w3.org [mailto:public-css-testsuite-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Ian Hickson
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:35 PM

To make the issue simple: I refuse to license my tests under the W3C
Document License or the W3C Software License. I would be happy to licenes
my tests under the 3-clause BSD, MIT, or Apache v2 licenses. There is
precedent in the W3C for this; the HTML working group's tests are to be
licensed under the MIT license.