Re: New print test release

Grant, Melinda wrote:
> I need to do a new test release for print tests, mainly to get the tests
> with headers and the corrected tests posted on the W3 site.
>
> I'm wondering where the print-specific tests should live.

>     *     Add an additional format to the Test/CSS2.1 and
>       Test/CSS3/Selectors directories
>           o .xhp suffix for xhtml printable versions?
>           o these are all I care about, but others may want a printable
>             version for html as well...? .htp?
>     *     Put them under Test/Print
>           o This was initially intended as a test suite for CSS-Print,
>             which would only include putting a subset of tests into
>             printable versions.
>           o Could expand this directory to essentially mirror the
>             Selectors, 2.1, and eventual css3 tests, and change the
>             documentation to be for general print testing, then link
>             that to CSS-Print specific documentation and report template.
>     *     Split the 2.1 tests into xhtml, html, print-friendly xhtml,
>       print-friendly html directories; add print-friendly dirs for
>       Selectors.
>     *     ???
>
> Thoughts?

I'd prefer to keep the tests with their master test suite and to use
directories to separate the formats. This is already what we're doing
with CSS2.1: there just haven't been any new versions published since
I fixed up the build scripts.

For Selectors things will have to be slightly different as the tests
are dependent on what format they're in. For those, you can put the
print format tests in the Test/Print directory until we get them in
CVS and put together a build system.

~fantasai