Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-positioning] position: popover proposal (#5699)

From: Cory LaViska via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 13:46:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
A new HTML element called [`<popup>` was proposed yesterday](https://github.com/MicrosoftEdge/MSEdgeExplainers/blob/main/Popup/explainer.md). While the proposal doesn't provide the same level of flexibility as what we're discussing here, its goals largely parallel what we're trying to accomplish.

It seems to address most of my concerns for dropdowns and tooltips, so I thought I'd post it here for others to review and comment on.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by claviska
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5699#issuecomment-765407723 using your GitHub account