Re: [csswg-drafts] Images with layout information (#4116)

From: L. David Baron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 06:08:43 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This seems like reasonable thing to me.  It seems like there are two things being discussed:
* image formats with optional baseline information, which CSS would then honor by default (when the information is present) instead of assuming that the (alphabetic?) baseline is at the bottom margin edge
* a CSS mechanism for specifying where the baseline(s) of an image are

It's not clear to me which would be preferable (or whether it would be best to have both).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dbaron
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4116#issuecomment-511283690 using your GitHub account