Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists-3] Should automatic list-item increment adjust for ol[reversted]? (#4181)

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 04:30:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
(Just to clarify, `-moz-list-reversed` is a Gecko **internal** property that isn't exposed to web content, so it's merely an implementation detail.)

If we add support for reversed lists in CSS then I think we should consider generalizing it to all counters. There would actually be some utility in that for authors, since the most important aspect of `<ol reversed>` is that the start ordinal is automatic based on the content. That can't be achieved for other counters currently.

Also, a new inherited property might not be the best way to add this feature. It was convenient to implement it like that when the automatic `counter-increment` for list items was a computed value, but #3686 changed that to used-value time, so we could probably remove this property now. (It might be better to extend `counter-reset` in some way instead, if we standardize this.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4181#issuecomment-520117014 using your GitHub account