Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists] Initial value of counter-increment needs to be something different from none (#3686)

From: Cameron McCormack via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 06:39:47 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Note that this also needs to change the `li[value]` rule to set `counter-increment: list-item 0` rather than `counter-increment: none`.

Just to clarify, would that mean that with

```
.item { counter-increment: items 1; }
<ol>
  <li class=item>Abc
  <li class=item value=10>Def
  <li class=item>Ghi
</ol>
```

you would lose the UA-specified disabling of the list-item increment on the "Def" item?  Or is counter-increment's definition include wording about whether there is an implicit "list-item 1", "list-item 0", or "list-item -1" in the counter-increment property, based on the `value` and `reversed` attributes on the element?  If so, then I don't think we need the UA style sheet rule `counter-increment: list-item 0`.  If not, then I'm not sure how the above example should work.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by heycam
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3686#issuecomment-479360022 using your GitHub account