Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors4] Name the “functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity”

From: Jonathan Neal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 19:47:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Hey @tzi, I was under the impression that folks wanted the ability to extend the functionality of this new selector. I considered it to be taken similarly as one of Lea’s cons — “_can't be extended to specify specificity_”. Sorry if I missed that this concern is no longer relevant.

@ionas, I’m not opposed to extending matches, either, especially if it’s readable and doesn’t require look-ahead. Thanks for looking at it anyway. 😄

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jonathantneal
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2143#issuecomment-408214158 using your GitHub account