Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline] better name for initial-letters property

From: Brad Kemper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 22:20:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I’d never heard of lettrine and versals before either. “Lettrine” sounds too much “latrine” and is too easy to misspell. “Versal” is easier to spell and is nice and short, and doesn’t care about plural or not. But my autocorrect keeps trying to make it “vernal”. I’d be OK with it.

I prefer just “initial”, as it does seem more like the noun that way, and it is short. (Lettrine derives from Latin “initialis”, BTW, which means “which means standing at the beginning”, according to Wikipedia.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bradkemper
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2950#issuecomment-407915019 using your GitHub account