Re: [csswg-drafts] CSS2 revisions v. later levels

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 21:22:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Eventually, the goal is to fully obsolete CSS2, moving every part of it to separate modules.

We're not consistent about how we're approaching this goal, and I think that's okay. It mostly depends on whether we have a coherent chunk that we can carve out, and an editor willing to do the carving; in the absence of either of these, we just leave it in CSS2 for now and edit in place when necessary.

As to what parts of CSS2 are actually still necessary and not already superceded, Servo put together a decent list some time ago. @SimonSapin ?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2936#issuecomment-406418579 using your GitHub account