Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-nesting] Concern about combinatorial explosion

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2018 23:43:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
After thinking a bit more, I think I was wrong in the previous comment, and I still cannot figure out a universal way to implement nesting rules efficiently without exponentially expanding the selectors.

If we can resolve to use one-element-a-time semantic in #2895, and also to require balanced nesting selector in #2896, and maybe disallowing `:not()` to contain `&`, there can be a decent approach to implement but I'm not completely sure.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2881#issuecomment-403326434 using your GitHub account