Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] [varfont] Italic & Oblique benefit from not including a <number>

From: Peter Constable via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 16:06:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Ah, XeTeX. Clearly an independent development from this in Firefox. ;-)

I'm somewhat surprised, though, that Adobe would put skew in a character palette. But that is probably an independent development.

I'm not making a strong argument against this. It's just not something I would have prioritized as a feature: fonts can now be made with arbitrary type-designer-controlled slant, so why munge other fonts...

--
GitHub Notification of comment by PeterCon
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/519#issuecomment-402209872 using your GitHub account