Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] [varfont] Italic & Oblique benefit from not including a <number>

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 04:44:35 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
To clarify the above resolution, as far as we can tell, there's no field in OpenType that would let us know what the font designer's preferred oblique angle would be. We're therefore using 14 as the default slant. If OpenType later adds a field for "default angle for obliques", then we can consider using that instead of 14.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/519#issuecomment-402011691 using your GitHub account