Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow] How does max-lines interact with hidden content?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 15:06:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Given that we've resolved #2429 to make `max-lines` skip counting lines in descedant BGCs, but #1971 to say that `overflow:clip` does not create a BFC, the question remains open for `overflow:clip`.

I don't think there's any technical reason to make `max-lines` skip the descendants of `overflow:clip`, so we could close this as no change. On the other hand, maybe it is counter intuitive that we'd be counting invisible lines.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2421#issuecomment-401612546 using your GitHub account