Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] Percentages in font-weight for relative weights

From: Christoph Päper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 10:10:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
🤔 If the main use case for this is to either select a certain explicit stroke thickness or to match up two implicit lengths, _maybe_ itʼs better to be able to specify the stroke thickness as a `<length>`, although I donʼt see how this could be put in a different or child property.
Kind of relevant then: I once proposed a relative length unit (or two) that would hold the (parent) stroke thickness, with the main use case being `text-underline-width`.

Intuitively, I would assume `font-weight: 100%` meant that the strokes are so thick that all glyph counters are completely filled. Higher values would make no sense.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Crissov
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2690#issuecomment-401597057 using your GitHub account