Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow] How does max-lines interact with hidden content?

From: Cameron McCormack via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 06:03:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I agree that `overflow: clip` shouldn't affect whether a line is counted for `max-lines`.  `overflow: clip` to me is mostly a visual effect (and I think the name "clip" suggests that too).  You can also have lines partially visible when using `overflow: clip`, another indication that it is working visually rather than fragmenting away content that is overflowing.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by heycam
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2421#issuecomment-401680771 using your GitHub account