Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-syntax] The tokenizer input should probably be a stream of scalar values, not codepoints (#3307)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 23:01:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Why do this in the tokenizer algorithm rather than removing CSSOMString and using USVString in CSSOM?

Because it's weird to have the tokenizer algorithm technically allow it in this one case; I'm aligning all the entry points to have the same set of allowed codepoints.

That said, you're right that this change makes it so that we can also just change CSSOM to use USVString, I think.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3307#issuecomment-449163352 using your GitHub account