Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-syntax] The tokenizer input should probably be a stream of scalar values, not codepoints (#3307)

From: Simon Sapin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 23:14:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
What one case do you mean and how is it allowed? If "the input stream" (before substitution/processing) is defined as scalar values rather than code points, the surrogate case just does not exist in css-syntax. Then it up to users of that entry point (rather than the bytes based one) to provide scalar values. In DOM/CSSOM, this happens to be USVString. (I guess we’d need some more prose in HTML for `<style>` and in css-style-attr.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SimonSapin
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3307#issuecomment-449168079 using your GitHub account