Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom] getComputedStyle and shorthands.

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 18:18:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
"Shorthands aren't present" was always a design mistake - it meant that the shape of the gCS result changes when we break a longhand apart into further sub-properties, "upgrading" it into a shorthand, so userland code depending on that property would break.  Shorthands should always have been present in gCS, and we should update the spec to say so; the fact that we already have an impl doing this is a nice plus.

(The fact that the non-exposing browsers have an exception for one of the "upgraded" shorthands shows the problem with not exposing them from the get-go.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2529#issuecomment-384030798 using your GitHub account