[csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] font-stretch computed value.

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 08:48:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
emilio has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-fonts-4] font-stretch computed value. ==
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-fonts-4/#font-stretch-prop says:

> Computed Value: as specified.

I think the computed value should be a `<percentage>`, perhaps with a `getComputedStyle` quirk to keep the keyword serialization in the case where the percentage matches one of the keywords?

That being said, the following page shows `100%` on Chrome, so it means that they managed to ship it without the quirk, which is simpler:

```html
<!doctype html>
<pre>
<script>
  document.write(getComputedStyle(test).fontStretch);
</script>
</pre>
```

I don't have Edge or Safari around to test this (Epiphany builds without var fonts).

We plan implementing Chrome's behavior here unless we need the old behavior for compat.

cc @drott @litherum @FremyCompany

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2605 using your GitHub account