Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Additive transform animations easily invoke undesirable matrix interpolation

From: Robert Flack via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 15:03:10 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm not sure I understand why we need the neutral value. I think as long as each animation is interpolated before being composited we should get the expected behavior - similar to if you put the animations on different elements, e.g. https://jsfiddle.net/flackr/1qj34byw/54/.

I suppose for neutral keyframes this may prevent you from matching the shape of the underlying style but I'm not sure how often this is useful rather than just unexpected.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by flackr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2204#issuecomment-380134044 using your GitHub account