[csswg-drafts] [css-contain][css-tables] Size containment should affect table cells

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 15:20:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Loirooriol has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-contain][css-tables] Size containment should affect table cells ==
[CSS Contain](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-contain/#containment-size) says

> if the element is an [internal table element](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display-3/#internal-table-element), size containment has no effect.

Various times I wanted to prevent the contents of a specific cell from enlarging the row. Usually, my solution is adding an abspos wrapper inside the cell.

I believe `contain: size` would do exactly what I want in a less hacky way, but for some reason you excluded it from applying to all internal table elements. I don't care about rows and such, but elements with `display: table-cell` don't have a layout-internal inner display type, so I think `contain: size` should apply.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1791 using your GitHub account