Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain][css-tables] Size containment should affect table cells

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 21:36:20 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> That would allow table-cells to violate the "nothing is allowed to ever overflow" rule they generally operate under.

Yes. But last time I checked, various browsers violated this rule in situations whose behavior was undefined according to CSS 2.1. Not sure if CSS Tables 3 specifies another behavior, I haven't read it whole.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1791#issuecomment-328665744 using your GitHub account