Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain][css-tables] Size containment should affect table cells

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 17:01:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@SelenIT It just means that were are thinking forward to the future ;-) We will eventually ship subgrid, and any time we spend working on adding new features to tables is time we don't have to get to the point where we can start working on subgrid.

As I mentioned, there is a workaround for the time being that developers are well aware of, I don't see a need to complexify layout containment. We currently do not support layout containment either fwiw.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1791#issuecomment-329232211 using your GitHub account