Re: [csswg-drafts] [html] Change default <sup> and <sub> styling?

From: L. David Baron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 06:57:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I remember us having **long** discussions about font-variant-position at a face-to-face meeting (I think in a room with a wall of windows on just one side that reminded me a little of the appearance of a classroom) about attempting to make the design more suitable for use as default styling of sub/sup.  I think I'm probably remembering [this discussion about fallback](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jun/0329.html) though maybe I'm also remembering is [this discussion of their combination with text-decoration](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Jul/0065.html).  What I don't remember is how those issues all got resolved... and those resolutions affect the suitability of these styles as default styling.  I think we ended up not addressing the first issue, at the very least, because we didn't want the complexity?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dbaron
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1888#issuecomment-337478147 using your GitHub account