Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images] Disabling image animation

From: Sebastian Zartner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 11:27:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I get nasty migraines and other symptoms from flashing, zooming, and some other animation. Some people get seizures. So it can be important for users to be able to disable animation [including transform and transition and so on], easily, and before we get hit by the animation.

That's a very good point. I would say, this is something the user should be in control of, _not_ the website author. I.e. disabling _all_ animations should rather be an option in the user agent than a CSS feature.

Simon's use case is to allow to disable only image animations, and that selectively per image.

Sebastian

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SebastianZ
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1615#issuecomment-343891506 using your GitHub account