Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images] Disabling image animation

From: Stephan Sokolow via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:49:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think it makes more sense for it to be a matter of precedence. The user can overrule the website and the website can overrule the resource.

(ie. I can disable all animation on a site, but even if I don't, the website should have the ability to disable animation on external or user-uploaded resources without having to incorporate potentially insecure libraries for reading and writing the formats in question in order to strip extra frames as is currently necessary.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ssokolow
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1615#issuecomment-343961472 using your GitHub account