Re: [csswg-drafts] reconsider name of frames() timing function

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 22:58:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm quite happy with `frames()` but if others aren't and we assume `steps()` is here to stay (and there are use cases for it) one other alternative might be `steps-even` to indicate that the step values are evenly distributed between the start and end?

e.g. `steps-even(5)` or perhaps `steps(5, even)` (with the caveat that `steps(1, end)` is valid but `steps(1, even)` is not). `frames()` and `steps()` are only subtly different so having a similar name makes sense to me since when you discover that `steps()` doesn't quite do what you want you'll naturally grab the next thing that sounds similar.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1301#issuecomment-299741648 using your GitHub account