[csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Grid implies that items are always resolved against a definite size

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 23:19:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
tabatkins has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-grid] Grid implies that items are always resolved against a definite size ==
In the last paragraph of [section 11.1](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#algo-overview), Grid says:

> Once the size of each grid area is thus established, the grid items are laid out into their respective containing blocks.

This seems to imply that, at this point, the grid areas should be treated as having definite heights and widths, so that %s on grid items *always* resolve.  Is this what we actually wanted?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1319 using your GitHub account