Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-flexbox][css-grid] Choose a single option for resolving padding and margin percent values of grid/flex items

From: jamesej via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 13:48:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
>>  However, if you happened to want to have a layout which extended
 *vertically* to contain more content, you would actually want an
 asymettrical proportionality based on *height*. This suggests the
 addition of a CSS context property e.g. layout-base: { vertical |
 horizontal | independent } which could apply to how this works on all
 children with a default of horizontal.

> ‚ÄčI am unable to see any logic in that second para.
If I want to 'spread out' vertically, why would that imply I also want the
same spreading
on the horizontal axis?

I meant the last sentence as a general solution rather than specifically in the vertically extending case. I've edited my comment to make this clearer.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jamesej
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2085#issuecomment-353354775 using your GitHub account