Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-flexbox][css-grid] Choose a single option for resolving padding and margin percent values of grid/flex items

From: Tristan McDonald via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:10:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I've never encountered a use-case where the Firefox implementation would be more sensible or useful than the Chrome implementation. In a common use case like a card grid item's margin-top matching the grid's horizontal spacing, with the Chrome implementation I can use `margin-top: 2%;` whereas with the Firefox implementation I need to do something that feels hacky, like `margin-top: calc( 92vw / 50 );` (this example presumes the card grid is 92vw wide, to get around the writers of the Flexbox spec saying that percentage margins are a bad thing but not stating why).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by permadesign
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2085#issuecomment-353311974 using your GitHub account