[csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Readonly form control and user-select

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 08:40:08 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
upsuper has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-ui] Readonly form control and user-select ==
Currently, for user-select, CSS UI 4 says
> on editable elements where the computed value is always `contain`
regardless of the specified value

and it defines "editable elements" as
> an editable element is either an editing host or a mutable form
control with textual content, such as textarea.

It seems this would exclude readonly form controls from the
computation rule above, because according to the HTML Standard,
readonly form controls are not mutable. But I think that rule should
be applied to those controls as well.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/285 using your GitHub
account