Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color] lch() function needs to use CSS types properly.

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 08:53:49 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I agree on H (even though this will make things a tad more verbose).
It is an angle, so it should be written as such, and whatever angular
notation CSS has now or in the future should be OK.

I am less sure about L. It is a number between 0 and 100, so slapping
on a % sign on it is tempting, but it is not the way it is usually
written, and it feels wrong. 50% is normally synonymous with 0.5, and
L=0.5 in common notation is an almost pitch black luminosity different
 from the middle luminosity of L=50.

If we were inventing the notion of Lab without context, I would agree
with defining L as a percentage (or a number between 0 and 1). But
we're not, we're discussing a notation for an per-existing concept,
and as such, keeping the usual notation in place seems sensible.

But it really does look like a percentage though, so maybe I can be
convinced otherwise...

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/278#issuecomment-231308977
using your GitHub account