Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Readonly form control and user-select

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 10:31:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Actually, UAs other than Gecko allow text in disabled form controls
to be selected as well...

Yes, it can be selected, but the selection cannot escape the element.

The fact that this is true no only with readonly but also with
disabled is why I used the "non mutable state" wording in the proposed
 phrasing, instead of specifically referring to the readonly
attribute.

As for whether that should be done via computation or via UA
stylesheet, that's a good question, but regardless of the answer, we
should put the desired behavior in the spec.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/285#issuecomment-231328133
using your GitHub account