Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Re-adding min() and max()?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 04:49:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
To pretty much everybody who has ever seen that symbol, `a > b` means
"a is larger than b" not "the larger of a and b", so I strongly object
 to giving it that meaning.

My objection against `<a b>` and `>a b<` is less strong, as there is
no existing universally accepted meaning to it. I still don't like
them though. ` max(a b)` is much more guessable, much more googlable,
easier to search in a a file that mixes markup and css...

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/544#issuecomment-268940360