Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Traditional absolute length units

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 05:00:17 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
`cc`, `dd`, `twip`, `sx` and `tx` don't seem crazy to me. I think the
demand is low, and I don't think they justify the work by spec
writers, testers, browser vendors, print formatters, validators,
documentation authors... until we see some evidence of a stronger
demand. Yes, the work would be relatively small, but it is non 0.

For the tiny and the large units, I just don't see them being used.
Yes, they exist out there, the SI systems (and others) are well
defined and all that, so if we were to define them it is very obvious
how to do so, but I just don't see any benefit to doing so, and again,
 while the costs are low due to this being a simple feature, they are
not nothing.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/315#issuecomment-268940999