Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-3] Hyphenation usages in CJK

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 03:20:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm probably missing something, I can't identify what it is, but I
don't understand how `break-all-hyphenate` can help, nor selectors.
Sorry if I'm missing something very obvious.

But knowing Arabic having the same issue is great, and @r12a's
analysis on language and script makes sense to me. From what I
understand, `alt-script-hyphen-lang` picks the dictionary for words
whose script is not the script of the specified `lang`, correct? That
looks to solve 99% cases of CJK and Arabic to me.

For more perfection, @frivoal's dictionary idea should help. I think
anyone can create such dictionaries without needing CSS to define it,
but it looks to me that in addition to it, having
`alt-script-hyphen-lang` should help interoperable fallback behavior
in most common cases.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/785#issuecomment-264759578