Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ruby-1] Drop ruby-merge in favour of a specific jukugo value

From: r12a via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 17:01:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I can see some usefulness in `collapse`, though i'm still not sure
whether it should allow breaks inside the compound word or not.  It
would be good to hear from the Japanese and particularly Chinese
(pinyin) what is common practice.

I suspect that we should have a specific value `jukugo` for people who
 specifically want that, rather than an unpredictable `auto` value.
Though i'm not sure what else `auto` would do, given that we have
`collapse` already.

I see `separate` as the 'take it back to the default' option, rather
than something that will be often used. Is that correct?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by r12a
Please view or discuss this issue at