RE: Web credibility community

Greg, thanks for sharing your draft paper.  Here are some points that are of particular interest to me:

… lack of quality control and the ineffectiveness of traditional strategies to evaluate an online text.

… a framework of critical evaluation based on a theory of Connected Learning

… evaluate assessment instruments used by researchers

… move beyond theoretical models of reading that emphasize meaning making as a solitary act but  a cultural act … driven by intentions and a shared purpose.

… understand how truth is shape by our goals, interests, and peers.

… design learning spaces that are openly networked around a shared purpose where critical evaluation is learned through interest driven, academically focused and production based learning.

I strongly agree on the need to move beyond “traditional strategies,” theories and “frameworks” and begin to focus on explicitly documented intentions and shared purposes.

Viewed through the lens of my biases, each of your points highlights the importance of sharing our values, goals, and objectives in an open, standard, machine-readable format like Strategy Markup Language (StratML).

When the aboutthem.info domain propagates through the DNS, I look forward to learning whether it might make a significant contribution by facilitating the development of services enabling the indexing, discovery, and analysis of about me/us/them statements published on the Web in StratML format.

Owen Ambur

Chair,  <http://stratml.us/> StratML Working Group

Co-Chair Emeritus,  <http://xml.govwebs.net/> xml.gov CoP

Webmaster,  <http://firmcouncil.org/> FIRM