Re: VC formats

Thanks for stating it clearly. This is why the statement "VCDM lacks
selective disclosure" trips the brain wires. It belongs at the
signature/proof level. And of course, selective disclosure can be performed
in different ways. Just wondering if I missed the boat on any
considerations that make the credential data model itself more or less
conducive to selective disclosure, which that statement appears to say.

Or maybe it refers to a specific brand of selective disclosure, and not
selective disclosure in the general sense.

Does SD-JWT-VC imply a landscape in which there will be a different VC
format for each signature suite? This is very different from my mental
model of VC data model, with the possibility of using different signature
suites. I'd be eager to learn more about the advantages of that.