Re: VC formats

The VCDM is JSON-LD, and both JSON and RDF do not support selective
disclosure in their base media types.

SD-JWT only supports selective disclosure on JSON.

ECDSA-SD only supports selective disclosure in JSON-LD (I think).

MDoc only supports selective disclosure of in CBOR.

There are basically 2 ways to secure media types... You can secure them in
a media type agnostic manner, like JWS or COSE Sign1. Or you can secure
them in a media type aware manner, like JWT, SD-JWT, mDoc, SD-CWT etc.

The W3C VCDM is a media type that is built on +ld+json meaning it's always
JSON-LD that you are securing... Regardless of how you secure it.

OS