Re: CHAPI Playground's Latest Update - Verification Workflows

Inline:

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 12:30 PM Ganesh Annan <gannan@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 12:29 PM Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
> wrote:
>
>> My question is:
>>
>> Does the chapi playground use the exchange endpoints:
>>
>> - https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vc-api/#exchange-discovery
>>

> Yes, we use the exchanges endpoint.

Can you point to the code / tests you have for these endpoints, this will
help us (traceability api implementers),
to determine if we should upgrade to what you are doing or abandon the
approach entirely.

>> Or the prove endpoint:
>>
>> - https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vc-api/#prove-presentation
>>

> No, we don't use the prove endpoint and currently don't have plans to.

Good to know,

I assume the vc-api has no need for HSM backed ECDSA keys to be used to
produce verifiable presentations, or for service identity applications to
construct verifiable presentations?

I also assume that the current exchange endpoint based flows have to round
trip through a client that has access to signing keys outside of
hardware isolation, perhaps in software isolation, or via a separate api.

Perhaps you use a "web kms" endpoint instead of a vc-api endpoint for this
part?... where the web kms endpoint has support for hardware isolation /
ECDSA signatures?

Perhaps you are using
https://w3c-ccg.github.io/webkms/#sign-options-code-lt-string-gt-code-
instead of the prove endpoint?.. Why not use this endpoint for VC issuance
as well?

Is this the reason you do not plan to implement that specific endpoint?

Regards,

OS

--
*ORIE STEELE*