Re: CHAPI Playground's Latest Update - Verification Workflows

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 2:27 PM Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 12:30 PM Ganesh Annan <gannan@digitalbazaar.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 12:29 PM Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> My question is:
>>>
>>> Does the chapi playground use the exchange endpoints:
>>>
>>> - https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vc-api/#exchange-discovery
>>>

>> Yes, we use the exchanges endpoint.
>>

> Can you point to the code / tests you have for these endpoints, this will
> help us (traceability api implementers),
> to determine if we should upgrade to what you are doing or abandon the
> approach entirely.

I was not aware of any open source implementations until John Henderson
from Energy Web proved me wrong. To gather the data and research that you
need for the traceability api implementers, I'd suggest running a survey.

> Or the prove endpoint:
>>>
>>> - https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vc-api/#prove-presentation
>>>

>> No, we don't use the prove endpoint and currently don't have plans to.
>>

> Is this the reason you do not plan to implement that specific endpoint?

You may have incorrect and incomplete data that could lead to faulty
assumptions. CHAPI Playground is focused on creating a seamless experience
for receiving verifiable credentials and presenting those credentials to be
verified. Additionally, it allows for different Issuer and Verifier
Backends to be connected to the site as long as they are compliant with
vc-api. It's focused on a specific lifecycle of a credential.

The prove endpoint was not a requirement to prove out the lifecycle.
The prove endpoint was not raised by implementers as a solution to a
problem they had within CHAPI Playground.

In short, the prove endpoint was not relevant for this specific use case.
It should not be misconstrued as not relevant for *all* use cases.