From: Kim Hamilton <kimdhamilton@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 5, 2023 1:11:54 PM
To: Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>
Cc: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>; public-credentials@w3.org <public-credentials@w3.org>; Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>; Daniel Hardman (daniel.hardman@gmail.com) <daniel.hardman@gmail.com>; G. Ken Holman (g.ken.holman@gmail.com) <g.ken.holman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Layering/Composability of Verifiable Credentials (was: Re: Market Adoption of VCs by Fortune 500s (was: Re: DHS Verifier Confidence/Assurance Level Expectation/Treatment of non-publicly defined Vocabulary/Terminology -- by using @vocab))

I searched for InterCredential spec but couldn't find it. I found this web 7.0 reference but it's not clear it's what you're talking about: https://dl.acm.org/doi/fullHtml/10.1145/3184558.3190666

Pointers to specs please?

On Sun, Feb 5, 2023 at 10:56 AM Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) <mwherman@parallelspace.net<mailto:mwherman@parallelspace.net>> wrote:

Rather than engage in endless debate, it's easier/more expedient to embrace, by reference, the W3C VC2 specification as a sub-specification of the InterCredential spec ...an embrace-and-extend model ...and let the decentralized systems developer marketplace decide.

After the inclusion of the 4-Corner Credential Interoperability Model into the InterCredential ARM, the W3C VC2 spec becomes a niche layer/specification.  See the green box in the diagram below.

Michael Herman

Web 7.0

[cid:18622fa97725b006a1]