Re: Open Wallet Foundation

One of my areas of interest is "professional" or "business" wallets.

Various operators require a cryptographically authenticatable confidential
storage system, a few example roles to consider:

- law enforcement officers, issuing tickets
- site inspectors, certifying operating conditions for a facility
- traders developing and executing financing contracts
- lawyers, social workers or other roles that manage multiple clients with
unique confidentiality requirements

A major risk to the industry is that in our haste to secure the B2C
scenarios, we focus far too much on "personal privacy", "personal
payments", "personal identity".

Roads and other critical infrastructure that benefits individual persons is
rarely built for "personal use" reasons initially.

There is a strong intersection point between edtech and professional
employment... Jobs for the Future is leading the way!

But do we think people should be using personal wallets for
"professional business" ?

When and where do personal credential use cases mix?

How many devices do I need to operate safely?

How many will be required to adhere to corporate / government security
policies?... See Ukraine / Russia conflict for real examples of why
professional operators should not be using personal devices.

Let's get some use cases that can start to connect the personal and
professional wallet ecosystems.

Regards,

OS

--