Re: Open Wallet Foundation

From: Philipp Schmidt <phi.schmidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 13:32:22 -0400
To: Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
Cc: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>, W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, Sharon Leu <sleu@jff.org>
On Sat, Sep 17, 2022 at 9:58 AM Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
wrote:

> Regarding OWF, I think it's about time we came together to talk about
> wallet interoperability, use cases and threats to users... It's young, we
> can all be a part of shaping it.

Jobs for the Future has been organizing a wallet plugfest to do just this,
with support from the VC-EDU task force. It is modeled after Anil John's
work bringing together various parties. I believe there are something like
35 groups participating in the next round. The Digital Credentials
Consortium is one of those groups.

I can't speak on behalf of the plugfest organizers, but from where I sit, I
see a lot of value for the OWF to get involved as well (if they are not
already talking to each other) and build on the efforts that are already
underway.

Philipp